Enter the text below to count total number of chars, words, lines, spaces, and non ascii chars.
How are carriage return and newline being handled in counting lines
These are few cases:
Notes on Character, words and non-ascii char count
- Char count considers all characters including carriage return (\r) and newline (\n) (both separately).
- For counting words, whitespace char is used as word boundary (newline, space, tab, etc.
- For counting lines, \r or \n or both together are treated in same way. So this tool can handle windows/dos files also.
- Space count only counts spaces (not tabs, etc.)
- Other whitespace count includes all non-space whitespace character count.